A Wesleyan Methodist chapel with 195 members was recorded on a return for dissenting meeting houses in Wigston in 1829.
On 6 September 1838, a plot of land on Occupation Road (later Frederick Street) was purchased for £23 6s. 8d. from banker George Davenport and held on behalf of the Wesleyan Methodist Church by trustees.
A small single-storey Wesleyan Methodist chapel was built on this plot in 1839, and in 1860 it was enlarged at a cost of £140.74. A Wesleyan place of worship is acknowledged in the 1872 visitation returns for Wigston. In 1881, the incumbent of Wigston Magna specified “Wesleyan” as one of the two prevailing forms of dissent in the parish. In 1885 a new chapel was built adjoining the existing building. This new chapel may have given the Wigston Wesleyan Methodists an increased status in the county – the Circuit Quarterly Meeting was held there in 1886. The Wesleyan Chapel of 1885, membership of the chapel was recorded as 138 in 1905.
It is now used by LIFE Church.
All Saints Church, Highcross St, Leicester LE1 4PH