This memorial was originally sited in the Methodist Church on Vernon Road, Aylestone, Leicester. The memorial is in the form of a brass plaque containing the names of 21 men who died in WW1 and who were either members of the church or local schools. Interestingly, the memorial quotes the period of the war being from 1914 to 1919.
Although the church building is extant it is no longer a place of worship and is now occupied by a double-glazing company.
(research kindly undertaken by Nicola Brown).
All Saints Church, Highcross St, Leicester LE1 4PH