Gateway School 1930-34.
Son of Arthur and Martha Malin.
Sergeant Malin was the pilot of Wellington DV715 that took off from RAF Alconbury at 23:55 hours on the 30th May 1944. The aircraft, one of the Pathfinders on the first 1,000 bomber raid on Cologne in Germany, and homeward bound was shot down by a German night-fighter piloted by Oberleutnant Emil Wolsterdorf. The Wellington crashed at Vorden in the Netherlands, killing the five-man crew. Sergeant Malin is buried inVorden General Cemetery, Netherlands, Collective Grave 2-3.
- Pilot:1180129 Sgt Peter Gordon Arthur Malin
- Observer:1181184 Sgt James Herbert Holmes
- Wireless Operator/Air Gunner:1053426 Sgt Ronald Peel
- Air Gunner:R/70432 Sgt Leonard Frank Cooke
- Air Gunner:1305765 Sgt Raymond Catley