Frearson, Frederick

Frederick 

Frearson

1891 - 1918
Aged27
Rank Lance Bombardier
Service no.122913
Regiment Royal Garrison Artillery
DiedApril 13, 1918

About

About
Frederick
Frearson

The son of John Frearson and Ada Ann Baines who had married on 14th October 1888, Frederick
was born in 1891. His father was a Railway Carman and the family was living at 212 Avenue
Road Extension. Later they moved to 118 St Leonards Road in Clarendon Park and by 1901 the
couple had four children. Frederick was the oldest, Charles Oscar born in 1893, Louisa, born 1894 and Elsie born in 1898.

The 1911 census shows that the four children still living at St Leonards Road, Frederick was working as an Office Clerk. Charles, who now was using his middle name of Oscar was working as a Salesman. Louise was a Machinist while Elsie was still at school.

Frederick married Florence Alice Ridout on the 18th October 1915 at St John the Baptist Church. Alice was a Boot Machinist and was living at 69 Bulwer Road with her family. The couple moved to 28 Melbourne Street in Highfields.

Frederick Died of Wounds on 13/4/1918 aged 27. He is buried at Pernes British Cemetery in France and his inscription reads ‘Until The Day Breaks’. The cemetery was not started until April 1918 and now holds 1,078 WW1 burials as well as 18 graves from WW2 from 3rd and 4th September 1944.

Fredericks personal effects were sent to his widow in September 1918, these included letters, photo’s, photo case, pair of scissors, whistle, pipe, tobacco, canvas wallet, diary, 2 French & English dictionaries, 2 religious’ books, mouthorgan and stationary.

His wife never remarried and by 1939 was living with her two unmarried sisters Elizabeth and Winifred at 37 Tetuan Road. She died on 19th April 1962 at the Royal Infirmary, leaving her estate of £2707.25 to her sister Winifred, Elizabeth had died earlier in the year.

Get Email Updates

Share this page

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on email
Email
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on email

Leicester City, County & Rutland “At Risk” War Memorials Project is a company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England under company registration number 08176202. The address of the company’s registered office is The Chancel, rear of All Saints’ Church, Highcross Street, Leicester LE1 4PH. Registered as a charity for tax purposes with HMRC.

Copyright © 2022 Leicester City, County & Rutland “At Risk” War Memorials Project 2018

Design & Build by:
onesixone web design